- You are here:
- School of Media and Communication
Welcome to the School of Media and Communication
The School of Media and Communication is one of the top departments in the country for the study of communication, media and culture. With teaching and research strengths across a wide range of communication subjects – from popular culture to political communication, journalism studies to digital media – we offer degrees that emphasise choice, opportunity and the development of analytical and creative skills. Read more
- In an article co-authored with Francisco Javier Alvear, Dr Jairo Lugo-Ocando analyses how geopolitics was used to create moral panic during Salvador Allende’s government in Chile (1970–1973).
- The MeCCSA Call for Papers closes Monday 5 September 2016.
- A recent article examines some of the major ways in which generic, commercial photography produced for the world-leading stock imagery provider Getty Images is strategically ‘styled’ to appear more inclusive, diverse, and ultimately also political in relation to gender.
- Early career researchers are invited to this joint workshop for the MeCoDEM and INFOCORE projects.