- You are here:
- School of Media and Communication
Welcome to the School of Media and Communication
The School of Media and Communication is one of the top departments in the country for the study of communication, media and culture. With teaching and research strengths across a wide range of communication subjects – from popular culture to political communication, journalism studies to digital media – we offer degrees that emphasise choice, opportunity and the development of analytical and creative skills. Read more
- Dr Jonathan Ward outlines the work he is doing alongside Professor Kate Oakley on the EU funded Centre for the Understanding of Sustainable Prosperity (CUSP) project.
- The School congratulates the PhD candidates who have successfully passed their vivas in the past few months, with new graduates taking up positions both in Leeds, and further afield.
- Dr Beth Johnson co-edits a special issue of the Journal of Popular Television, exploring the importance of region in popular television.
- Dr Giorgia Aiello recounts highlights from the recent ICA convention held in Fukuoka, Japan and outlines the School's involvement in the upcoming IAMCR conference, to be held in Leicester at the end of July.