- You are here:
- School of Media and Communication
Welcome to the School of Media and Communication
The School of Media and Communication is one of the top departments in the country for the study of communication, media and culture. With teaching and research strengths across a wide range of communication subjects – from popular culture to political communication, journalism studies to digital media – we offer degrees that emphasise choice, opportunity and the development of analytical and creative skills. Read more
- We have teamed up with Leeds Beckett University's Faculty of Film, Music and Performing Arts to host the 2016 edition of the SRN conference.
- In an article co-authored with Francisco Javier Alvear, Dr Jairo Lugo-Ocando analyses how geopolitics was used to create moral panic during Salvador Allende’s government in Chile (1970–1973).
- Kicking off the Media Futures sessions for semester one, the BBC's Martine Croxall explains how the BBC reported the Paris terror attacks as a breaking story.
- With video interviews increasingly being used by employers in the recruitment process, learn how to master them in this Media Futures session.