- RT @ErrolMurray: Watch telly, get paid MT: Apply for TV and Radio Desk #Internship at @Telegraph Media Group ow.ly/A7Vpy @LeedsU…
3 hours ago
- RT @christiaandb: Another great idea for the next #conference, @NothiasT: openculture.com/2014/08/philos… @MeCCSAPGN @LeedsUniMedia #phdchat
- RT @BBCCollege: Filming and recording top tips - including filing material, recording with smartphones, video journalism: http://t.co/k42Gbbc.in/1sIOhpO
4 days ago
- You are here:
- School of Media and Communication
Welcome to the School of Media and Communication
The School of Media and Communication is one of the top departments in the country for the study of communication, media and culture. With teaching and research strengths across a wide range of communication subjects – from popular culture to political communication, journalism studies to digital media – we offer degrees that emphasise choice, opportunity and the development of analytical and creative skills. Read more
- The Flying Start website is now online, helping prospective students with the transition to University life by demonstrating how to study effectively at university, in an engaging and step-by-step manner.
- David Bell and Kate Oakley survey the major debates emerging in cultural policy research, adopting an approach based on spatial scale to explore cultural policy in cities, nations and internationally. They contextualise these discussions with an exploration of what both ‘culture’ and ‘policy’ mean when they are joined together as cultural policy.
- Are you considering studying at the School of Media and Communication from next year? Then come to our next pre-applicant open days, on 13 September and 11 October. During the day, you'll get a chance to meet our staff and students, have a tour of the facilities and find out more about our degree programmes. You'll also be able to have a tour of the campus, the Student's Union and look around the accommodation.