- You are here:
- School of Media and Communication
Welcome to the School of Media and Communication
The School of Media and Communication is one of the top departments in the country for the study of communication, media and culture. With teaching and research strengths across a wide range of communication subjects – from popular culture to political communication, journalism studies to digital media – we offer degrees that emphasise choice, opportunity and the development of analytical and creative skills. Read more
- A new article co-authoured by Dr Heather Ford explores the world of WikiEdits bots - a class of Twitter bot that announce edits made by Wikipedia users editing under government IP addresses, with the goal of making government editing activities more transparent.
- The prestigious bursaries were recently awarded and aim to widen participation in media and related industries and support talented students from lower income backgrounds seeking to pursue a career in television.
- Meena Ravi, Executive Producer for Al-Jazeera English discusses balance. sources, representation-the basics of journalism; and how come so many news outlets bungle them up!
- For news organisations and their employees, the launch of new journalistic enterprises extends challenges over jurisdictional turf...